I was talking to a friend today and we were discussing that it is amazing how relaxed you become after each child especially when you have a nursing baby. Never say never because the things I am about to list I swore would never happen.
My two year old eats Oreos on the furniture (keep in mind nothing stays in his mouth) My girls get their own drinks by climbing across the counters to get cups and pour their own milk/juice.The toilet brush has been used as a tooth brush- ( I will not disclose names) I actually let Tyson color his own easter egg(s)! Tyson thinks all the toothbrushes in the house belong to him. I am starting to forget when I bathed my kids last. (not really but my girls used to never go without a daily bath)I tell my 4 year old to change her clothes and get a new blanket to sleep on when she wets the bed at night. I can clean everything up in the morning.My kids walk around with booger noses and scraggily hair. Sometimes we forget to eat lunch because we have had fruit snacks and crackers all morning. I put a bowl of popcorn in front of the TV and plan on having to vaccuum when they are done.We have an battery powered car and I let my 4 year drive my 2 year old around- the 2 year old fell out going full speed and the next day I let the 2 year old get in the car again with the 4 year old driving. My kitchen floor is so sticky I put socks on so I can't feel it. There are actual rings around my toilet. So there you have it. To tell you the truth I am glad I can write this in humor and know that it is true and it is okay. Life goes on and we are happy (most of the time)!!!
12 comments:
Good for you. I love the rule, never say never. It is funny to look at the things you let your kids do that you never thought you would. Sometimes, it just isn't worth the battle. :) Your a great mom.
I don't know how it is with 4 but here is my take on 3: Baby #1 you never shower until your spouse is home to watch baby...Baby #2 you put toddler in front of TV and bring baby into bathroom in bouncy seat so you can keep an eye on baby while you shower...Baby #3 you get in the shower and forget you have kids until oldest comes in bathroom to tell you that the baby is crying. How mine have survived up to this point is beyond me. I guess on a wing and a prayer! :-)
SO TRUE! I'm glad I'm not the only one who lets their kids do those things. It's always funny to watch a first time mom and you think -- Just Wait!
Funny!!! I NEVER let any of my kids do any of those things...
Jillian you found me. So glad. Thanks for the comment. Congrats on your new baby. I can't even imagine 4. If it makes you feel any better, I have half as many kids as you and have already experienced some of the things you listed. I agree though- you definitely let a lot more go as you get more kids. How else would we survive? Funny post. By the way-I saw over on the Aggie alum site that you are the USU Chapter Pres. for this area- I did not know this. Keep me informed of any Aggie events or if you need help or whatever. We need to get together this Spring or Summer. Will be great to stay in touch over our blogs.
It was so fun seeing you! We all need to get together this summer. I love your post! I can't tell you how many things I've let slide that I thought I never would. Especially while nursing a baby!
Jill it is so good to hear that you are letting your letting your house go just a little bit...being the clean freak you are:) It makes the rest of us look a little bit more normal! I am only on #two and do most of that stuff already...hu #4 should get even more interesting!
It definitely makes me feel better knowing that I am not the only one breaking all of her own rules!
The floor is so sticky I have to put socks on. I am going to use that one. Good one!
I am so there! This was a hilarious post. I have a few to add: My 2 year old wears his Batman costume EVERY DAY, ALL DAY. When we are out, people comment about it and I am so used to it, I don't even think it's out of the ordinary. My kids also run around the house in just their underwear. My 2 year old will go commando sometimes, too, until I can get around to getting his underwear back on. I think we need to move back to Parkside RV sometimes!
Can I get an Amen? The juice thing gets a little better when you have cups in a low cabinet. But warning: It ups you dish load.
Post a Comment