Doesn't he look so sweet? Little do you know it took him a lot of people and a lot of stuff to get him to be still like this.
Last night we took a trip to the ER- (Surprise) Cooper fell off the (little) train table and smacked his chin and bit almost clear through his tongue. It was not a pretty sight- he had a half mangled flap of a tongue hanging in his mouth. Who knew that they stitched tongues? Not us but we found out the hard way. After a local anesthetic they got him to calm down (okay sleep) so they could stitch him up- He was not a happy camper. Dad got to do the dirty work and take him to the ER and hold him down for the IV, heart monitor, Oxygen, Blood pressure cuff , etc. He fought him the whole way. Mom appreciates it because I am pretty sure it would have sent me over the edge. And Thanks to Grandpa for watching the others while we were away.
We are learning he has a high thresh hold for pain- he is a pretty tough little guy. Today after four stitches in his tongue he is running around and eating- He hasn't really skipped a beat.
18 comments:
He does look sweet, poor thing.
oh, how awful!
Poor guy! I'm glad he is doing so well. I had no idea you could stitch a tongue. I guess I never really thought about it. I hope you are hanging in there:)
Ouch! Glad that he's back to running around and eating already. What a tough little boy!
Poor Coop! I'm glad he's back to his normal self. That picture is heartbreaking.
That is so sad! I'm glad that he's is normal self today. Poor guy.
That is so sad. I'm so sorry. I'm glad that he is okay.
Oh man! I think trips to the ER are harder on mom's than on the kids. They are so resilient!
Poor little guy. I understand children in the E.R. It is the worst feeling!!
doctors must love the sleight family!!!
I feel so bad for him. I can't even show Keith the picture. It would probably send him into shock.
This kid will do great things in life...he never stops!!!
I can't believe all that for four stitches. Luckily tongues heal fast. But I can image how deep it was. BOYS!!!
Didn't know Cooper was your little dare devil, ER boy until reading everyone's comments. Seems every family has one.
I am so sorry Cooper! He is so sweet and I feel so bad for him AND his parents....it must have been the worst thing ever.
Poor kid - I read the post on Facebook and thought are you kidding me - this kids sounds like one of my siblings!
Boys will be boys and thankfully we all mend . . . and FAST!
I am glad he is back to normal (with the addition of some black ties in his mouth)!
Poor little cutie!
So funny, at first glance I swore that Cooper was Syd. Can't believe how big they're all getting...seems like yesterday that Sammy was born (7 years next week!) Miss you guys.
Oh my gosh, I'm ready to bawl for you. How are we suppose to deal with trips to the ER? This parent thing really sucks sometimes.
Post a Comment