Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I haven't been blogging because....

I can't believe it either I actually canned. Thanks to my sister-in-law Stacey we canned peaches, green beans and pears. She has all the equipment so we spent a few different afternoons cutting, jarring and processing. It really isn't so bad and it is so much better when you have someone to do it with. Alot of my childhood memories have some sort of canning in them. I remember sitting in front of a very large bowl of green beans and having the task of snapping them all. I remember hating it but to this day the taste of a fresh green bean, peach, pear or the smell of strawberries reminds me of living at the white house on 5710 W. Broadway and watching my mom can some fruit or vegetable.





7 comments:

Michele Mendenhall said...

I am impressed...

Kellie said...

Impressive Jillian!

Cindy said...

You're my hero! I would like to learn how to do that!

Lexi said...

Your canned goods look so yummy! And they are gee-orgeous with those lids and rings!

Kellie said...

thanks for your comment. Sometimes I just don't want to be on the computer anymore after work and I had all these posts start piling up. So finally I got around and posted our happenings. I love this blogging thing and keeping in touch with you guys.

Hilary said...

You are amazing.... way to GO! Mmmmm... home canned is so delish tasting.


Love that you got some sweet memories of your Mom while doing it.

Anonymous said...

They look great! Have you ever tried spaghetti sauce? I love it, just open a can and presto and it is so much better than Prego!