We went to the cabin for conference weekend. We had Todd's two sisters & Grandpa Sleight come with us. And because Tyson's birthday fell over conference weekend we celebrated up there. Syd was soooo excited this year. She was all about the decorations and was adamant we did a surprise party for him. So dad distracted him outside while we put up the decor and he walked in and we all said "Surprise". I love this banner she & Sam made. It was sooooo cute.
Do you love the angry bird cake? After I made it up to the cabin I realized I only had frosting and candles....and that was a big white cake...so we improvised and used some legos and pipe cleaners. Our dad is really good at that.
This boy never ceases to amaze me. I have learned and have to remind myself often...he does things at his own pace. He will get it but he does it when he wants to. This is true in all areas of his life. He just now (7) lost his first tooth. He didn't walk until 17 months....not because he couldn't but he wanted to make sure he was ready. He is a perfectionist. And very cautious. He doesn't just do something. It is thought out. I am so glad for that because it shows he has a conscience however when I need him to hurry and get his shoes on in the morning it can be at my pace and not his. This boy has a kind heart. Loves to be loved. Our lives are forever changed because Tyson is apart of it. Happy Birthday Brother. We love you!

3 comments:
Look at you, you have been soo busy blogging.
Truman didn't loose his first tooth until he was 7 either, and he is almost 8 and has only lost 2.
Love seeing your family. My how they are growing.
Your little man is adorable! There is something so bitter sweet about the last kid huh. I am already looking forward to my grandkids...is that wrong?
Can Tyson and Macie please marry each other?
Valerie--- Yes I am totally great with arranged marriages!
Post a Comment