Thursday, May 16, 2013

My baby turns 1!

I cannot even believe it.  I know people say it all the time but no really this year has flown by.  I distinctlively remember what it was like a year ago in my life.  Waiting...waiting...waiting for this little man to join our lives.  And I wasn't even overdue. 

 
 


Happy Birthday Riggins.  Is he not the cutest thing ever?
he has brought SO much joy to all of our lives.  If I would of known how much fun it is to have a baby and older kids I would of thought twice about making things permanent.
 
 
 
 
 


I have really struggled with him being our last.  Not just a little but a lot. I went through my boxes of newborn clothes to give away and just cried. How silly am I?
Todd came in and laughed at me. Gently. And then gave me a hug.
However on the flip side.  I think I have enjoyed him that much more because I know he is it.  I feel guilty with the others ---I just knew there was another and enjoyed them but didn't really soak them in.   With Riggs I find myself trying to freeze frame every memory.  I love to watch him with my other kids.  Every. single. one. of them love him to pieces.  He is so lucky.
No one else is loved as much in our family.

At One:
 he is almost walking....today is May 16...I give him another week and I say he is there.  He crawls so fast that it is almost a bother to walk.
We are doing the switch from formula to milk...1/2 and 1/2.
He has his own temper & personality.....when he wants it he wants it.
He loves outside.
Says "ow" the best....there are a few ma,ma & da, da
he waves "hi" when he wants....not on demand.
he is a total hurricane---goes into the room and pulls everything off the shelfs, drawers, you name it.
he happily helps unfold any clothes you need as well

He weighs: 23.14 lbs.-  83%
His height: 29.5 -29%
His Head: 18.5-- a whopping 74%

He is so perfect for me.  I feel like a first time momma but nope he is my 6th.  Love that boy.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

theSwensenFamily said...

Wow, Jilian, a year does go by so fast! Happy Birthday, Riggins! He is ADORABLE!!! You guys have the cutest kids! You should have 10 more! hahahaa! Mark and I were just talking this morning about Logan turning 1 in just 4 months! I love these BABIES!!!!

Elysha said...

Happy birthday sweet Riggins!!!

Valerie said...

He is adorable, but can you please stop saying how wonderful it is! ? Stop putting ideas in my head!!