Thursday, January 17, 2013

60 and Sensational!

This year was Karleen's 60th birthday (August 27) and she celebrated in style.  It was such an enjoyable night....

with yummy food....
 


with dancing.....

and with this guy....Jon Schmidt...if you don't know who he is or if you do check him out here and here and one of my favorites here-- he has so many great ones it is hard to decide what is my favorite.
It was so amazing. 
 
 


My sister brought her cello and played with him...it was so awesome to see how talented she was to get up and perform with him.  I don't even think she was nervous and if she was she DID NOT show it.
 
 


My niece Lizzie went straight up to Jon in the buffet line and said would you like to sit at our table for dinner. And he graciously accepted with a " why of course" 
 

My girls loved it.  They thought they were pretty special to come without the boys.

My sis and I. 
 

I have truly been blessed.  I tell my kids all the time. I have two moms- I am so lucky.  It is almost 20 years ago that Karleen came into our lives. I miss my mom everyday but I appreciate Karleen so much more because of it.   She truly is sensational. 

And what would it be without at pic of this handsome dude!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: