Sunday, April 22, 2012

I know I know....



I know you want to tell me to stop whining or nod you head patronizingly like the Dr. does because according to my due date I should
not be ready to have this little guy.  But do you remember that post where I said I was getting a little nostalgic and was really trying to soak in this last little bit....well I have TOTALLY PAST that point...Everything in my body is telling me it is time.  I have turned the corner where I was kinda uncomfortable to trying really hard to not look uncomfortable because people everywhere just give me those "looks"- my level of comfort obviously shows in my demeanor.
My due date is May 14th seriously May 14th ...how could I possibly already feel this way if I really have almost 3 weeks left.  But here is my rationale... my last three have come at least 10 days early- (Zack was 14 days) plus my ultrasound (the first one, which they say is the most accurate) put my due date May 5th- Second Ultrasound put me at May 9th.  So if we are going by ultrasounds this is the week it is going to happen. 
Last tues night I laid my head on the pillow at 11:00 and realized I was contracting and I contracted all night - hard contractions.  But I kept thinking I can't go to the hospital yet they don't hurt bad enough so I just waited them out.  But let me tell you I got in panic mode.  I didn't have any clothes washed for this little guy - so at midnight I got up and did laundry and packed a hospital bag.
4:30 am they stopped.
I woke up the next morning and contracted on and off.   I had an appt. at the dr. that day and things went down hill from there  - they took my blood pressure and it was a little high and they checked my urine and sure enough there was protein in my urine.  So they had me check my blood pressure that night and come in the next day and then the best part was I had to collect my urine for 24 hours.  Yep a pregnant lady has to remember to collect her urine for 24 hours straight ---if you miss you have to start your 24 hour period over again-- and it has to be stored cold.  Oh it was lovely...and the lovely gallon jug in the fridge WAS NOT apple juice.  It sicked my whole family out. 
After collecting my urine and a blood pressure check that came back normal- I am on the watch list but okay.  I am pretty sure my blood pressure was high due to the stressful night before of washing and laboring. :) On wed. I told a select amount of people about my laboring thinking I would for sure have a baby on Thurs. and Todd told quite a few of his clients that he would be out of the office because I was having a baby.  Sure enough no baby... all of his clients have said "oh how is the baby"....nothing better then someone that cries wolf.  I HATE that.  so we have now guaranteed you won't find out until we are physically at the hospital and he is almost here.
We also found out at the Dr.'s office that my dr. broke his shoulder and had surgery....the odds that he will be able to deliver my baby are pretty much slim to none unless there is some miraculous healing in the next week in a half or I want to be pregnant for at least yes at least 3 more weeks....uh no.
I had Zack with the on call dr. too.  Let me tell you ...you just can't get attached to anybody these days.       





P.S. the babies clothes are washed and in the room...we are ready...I even have all the other laundry washed and folded....I have just guaranteed another week until I go into labor just in time for there to be buckets loads of laundry again.  :)



Posted by Picasa

No comments: