![]() |
| The best part about a long induction for dad was the Redskins were on Monday Night Football...plenty of time to watch the game! |
Samantha Grace- 7lbs 14oz. - 20" long
Born: Sept 17 at 6:04pm (due Sept. 25)
I was induced because of High Blood Pressure- hence the reason I look this way even AFTER delivery. I was on a IV Magnesium drip for over 24 hours and retained a lot of fluid. My dr. came in and asked if I was my evil twin---I laughed not really knowing what I looked like. Holy cow evil twin. Looking back now I was very large with Sam- My ankles were soooo swollen. I was a sight to see.
| Can you believe how different my girls look? She quickly made up for a bald head in adding on the rolls. By two months she doubled her birth weight and had the cutest fat rolls. |
Sydney Lynne- 7lbs. 4oz.- 20" long
Born: Feb. 17 (due Feb. 25th)
My Dr. offered to induce me at 39 weeks if I wanted to- no medical reason necessary. I had a really hard time deciding but in the end chose to because 1) the hospital was almost 25 mins away and I was so scared to get their too late for an epidural and 2) we had Samantha and had no one close to leave her with if it was a middle of the night labor- so we scheduled an induction and had Aunt Nicole come watch.
We went to the hospital at 7:00 am - dr. broke my water at 9:30- I got my epidural at 10:30 and by 12:15 I had her. I progressed so fast the dr. barely made it to deliver her. She has been my best labor and I was even induced. I have always said she was ready to come into this world and take on anything that comes her way.
When she was born she cried and cried and cried for at least the first 1/2 an hour. They gave her a binky and she sucked on that at the hospital...we went home and she never touched it again.
| Dad was so excited to get his boy...little did he know there were three more to follow :) |
Tyson LaMar: 6 lbs. 15 oz. - 20" long
Born: April 6 (due April 16)
First baby for me to go into labor on my own. I was nervous to know if I was in labor or not. My biggest fear was going to the hospital tooo early and not be in labor.
Hardest part with Tys was I labored all night. Finally after contractions being 5 mins apart and 60 seconds long I went into the hospital at 1:30 am - I was dilated to a 6 + - I got my epidural at 2:00 am
My water would not break on its own and the Dr. made me wait for him ( I don't think he wanted to come in--in the middle of the night) he came and broke my water at 6:30 am and at 6:54 am after three pushes we had a new little guy. Tyson had a knot in his cord but was fine.
Can you tell I am exhausted in the pic? All night labor does you no good.
Cooper Todd: 7lbs. 4oz - 19 1/2 " long
Born: Feb. 3 (Due Feb. 12)
| I had to add this pic because this was such a true glimpse of our life. And yes I am holding coop in that little blue blanket...squished already. |
Zackary Robert: 6lbs. 15 oz. -- 20"long
Born: June 20 (due July 4)
We went into the hospital at 5:00 am I was dilated to a 5- I got my epidural at 6:40 am
Dr. broke my water at 8:45 am and 9:30 am we had him.
No knot in the cord like his brothers- he did however take a little longer to push out. In fact I remember really thinking why is this taking so long- I think he was enjoying his last minutes of peace before the craziness began.
I shared the two pics of the kids holding Zack because they all seem so little. I almost died when I opened the pic of Coop sitting there he is only 17 months old....how I survived I do not know. But isn't cooper so cute with those curls. I remember after a week being home Coop carried Zack from the swing in the Family Room to my bedroom...I guess I should ask how did Zack survive?
We (I) can't wait to see how this one will go. Zack is almost three and this is our biggest gap between babies- I also have some older helpers - Sammy & Sydney- and they are sooooo excited.
I am ready to have a baby but I am also a little nostalgic--which is weird to me- I am really trying to soak up all the details because its our last time to do this and I don't want to miss a thing.
So after comparing them all- I have about the same size babies- at least 7-10 days early... with a couple hours of labor. do you think this little guy will be different or close to the same?
CANNOT wait to find out!!



2 comments:
Jill, this is the best post ever! I love that you have all the times that everything happened. Did Todd write that down for you while everything was going down? I just guestimate how everything happened. Like, uuuh, I was there for an hour or so, then I pushed a few times...
I love that you have those details. You are such a good labor-er and such a good mom. Love you and can't wait to hear how this one goes!
This is an awesome post - my goodness, how amazing mothers are! Look at all that you have done! Makes me feel like I should go have 6 kids now! :)))
Post a Comment