Sunday, January 23, 2011

This little dude struck again!


We had just gotten up and we were eating Breakfast....all the kids were home because it was Christmas break and Cooper fell off our bar stool and landed on his arm. I was on the other side of the counter so I didn't see it exactly but in all honesty he falls or jumps off them all the time so I really didn't think much of it. When he gets hurt he cries a little gets a kiss and moves on. He really is pretty tough. This time he cried and cried and nursed his arm. He let me bend it so I figured he must of just bumped it real good---About an hour went by and he just kept crying- He wouldn't move it so I packed up all the kids dropped them off at a friends...called Todd and we met at the local community care. They x-rayed it twice....(really twice my forhead must scream I like to pay you money). After a little while the dr. came in and moved the thing around and "supposedly" popped it back into place because of a nurse's elbow (almost like a dislocated shoulder). Cooper did not like that or the xray or the dr....can you blame the kid....if you had to have your tongue stitched you'd feel the same way. He just kept saying "I no go the doctor mom".
After all that they sent us home with a he should be okay. He would not use that arm for a week or so....and then when he did it was gingerly- bright side...no cast to use as a weapon I kept having visions of bloody noses and lips from a overly aggresive Cooper. Instead we got to pay yet again for another xray oh and two for that matter. :)
 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Michele Mendenhall said...

So glad it didn't need a cast!