Sunday, April 26, 2009

I know!

"Why do you keep giving him gum?"
(This is what Todd asked me and I know you are all thinking it)


Mom can I have a piece of gum?
Mom can I have a piece of gum?
Mom can I have a piece of gum?
Mom can I have a piece of gum?
Mom can I have a piece of gum?
Mom can I have a piece of gum?

Does this answer your question?

I really thought we had nipped this problem in the bud because the last time he did it he got his bum spanked and I remind him. So he hasn't done it for weeks and really in all honesty he keeps it in his mouth (especially because he ends up swallowing it) But the sneaky little dude decided it was worth a bum spanking to put it in his ear again and it was stuck in there good. I had to use tweezers, baby oil and q-tips.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Kellie said...

Oh no! Gum in the ears? Where do these kids think of these things? boys.

Cindy said...

I'm so sorry! Is he putting it their to save it for later or while he's eating? What's the thinking behind the ear?

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

i totally understand..I find myself giving into the repetitive requests only later to realize what I just gave in to! At least we have blogging to document these great moments so they are not all for not! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh dear....What is his fascination with gum in the ear??

Conder Family said...

What the .... I have never heard of such a thing. He is too funny!

Adrianne said...

Okay, good I kept reading b/c we're sitting here, Craig is busting up and he's telling my Tyson put gum in his ear. I then replied, "Why are they still giving him gum? oh yeah, same reason Ry gets to watch back-to-back World World's and drink 3 juice boxes a day! THEY'RE RELENTLESS!

Jules said...

HAHAHAHAHa. Is it okay that I'm laughing? Adrianne and I were just talking today how we need to be "Yes" moms (there was some book by sister Hinckley about saying "yes" more). I gave the gum example-- That when my kids ask me why not say, "yes." Then again, my kids haven't tried this trick.