For as long as I can remember my Grandma has told me I am so lucky to have a sister. When she would say that I would nonchalantly say "yea I am."
I can't exactly pin point the moment that it went from
"yea I am" to "where would I be without my sister"-
She is my friend, my confidant, my counselor, my example all wrapped into one.
She truly is amazing. My kids come down with some strange rash and guess who I call....not the doctor but my sister. And the funny thing is most of the time she can answer my question ....and if she doesn't she'll tell me to call the doctor.
We always tease that we both came into our family order for a reason-
I know she came first because she would have to teach me....and I undoubtedly would need her.
She has the best way of giving advice without giving it. She isn't condescending or belittling.
Although she is darn well perfect in my eyes what makes her even more real is she isn't perfect. She gets mad at refs at ball games and calls me sometimes because she needs to vent or she makes a crappy jello salad once in awhile. I can laugh until I cry with her we have so much fun when we are together....and I miss her when I am not with her.
(I am so glad there is a phone)
Happy Birthday Sis.... I am so lucky to have a sister I don't know where I would be without you!
P.S. this picture is pretty old...for how much time we spend together I hardly have any pictures together... Don't mind the handsome kid in the middle (our little bro) !
7 comments:
As the oldest of 6 and having 5 younger brothers, I can honestly say that a sister is one thing that I've ALWAYS wanted. You are blessed, Jillian.
Where would the hansom little brother be without such great sisters??
Very Sweet! You two are an example of what sisters should be....BEST FRIENDS!!!
That was sweet. You are right- she is so great! HF gave us sisters for a reason and we are so blessed!
Okay so this is Em's sister Kate. Just an FYI that the blurb.com slurp is fixed and you can now slurp your whole blog into it through blogger. You have to download the new software on their website, but other than that you should be good to go! HAVE FUN!
Kate
http://forreystories.blogspot.com
Post a Comment