Friday, December 9, 2011

And the story is........

I have to tell you I (we) did not come to this decision lightly. In fact there was a lot of convincing on my part to get daddy on board.  He was sure we were done and I was sure there was one more.  And I really tried to convince myself that one more would make our life absolutely crazy....but it didn't feel right.
I swore on my life that Zack was a girl. And because I was so sure that he was a girl and he indeed was a boy I thought for sure there was one more that indeed was going to be a little girl.  But again Heavenly Father has played a trick on this mommas heart. I swore up and down that this one was a girl.  My pregnancy felt different I was confident enough to tell everyone that this was a GIRL.  In fact I brain washed my poor little kids especially my girls to where the announcement of a little boy brought one of them to tears.  But now that I know it is not a little girl maybe the only way Heavenly Father could get this last little boy to our house was a vision of a sugar plum little girl dancing in my head.  We are so blessed to have two girls & four boys and couldn't be happier that we get to enjoy both.  My girls were meant to come first so they could be their moms third hand.  And they are.  My only regret is I didn't enjoy those baby girls a little more at first while hoping for a boy. 

I had all these grand plans to go in quietly and do my gender ultrasound and have the tech put the picture in the envelope and then we would open it as a surprise as a family on Christmas day.  The whole first part worked.  But as I sat in the ultrasound I "spyed" boy parts...really.  The tech had me look away as she pointed it out and wrote on the picture.  I kept telling myself that I cannot read ultrasounds...really I can't --I can barely see the head when they point it out. But when you see something down there... only one conclusion can be made.  That planted enough doubt in my mind that when our dad got home from work and everyone was begging to open it.... I caved I had to know too. So my surprise was still a surprise just not on Christmas day.

So no promises that this house won't be crazy...because I am sure it will be.  But I know that girl or not we are complete. Completely Outnumbered that is! :)

7 comments:

The Desiree said...

What the heck? I thought you were done! You are soooo my hero! You are amazing to me. I love how laid back you are. I will give you Elleree for a week and that will cure you of wanting another girl. I know she did it for me!

Michelle said...

Amazing! And boy parts are so easy to spy... seriously. It's either that or a third leg!

Bonnie said...

Congratulations Todd and Jillian! You two are awesome people and I'm so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That little guy couldn't ask for a better family! You are my inspiration, if you can do it with 6 then I can for sure do 4.

Sherrie said...

I am super excited for you! I know another little boy will be a fun challenge for the you, but you can do it!

Two Dot Crew said...

Congratulations!!!!

thank you for sharing this! I have 2 little girls and I'm ashamed to admit that I was upset when the 2nd was not the boy we'd been hoping for. You are now the 6th person I know that's having a boy soon. I've been a bit discouraged by that, but I appreciate you comment on enjoying my girls now cus you never know what the future holds!

best of luck with then new one!

Susan Ploeger Whittaker

lexid said...

I saw some clove gum the other day and thought of you! Congrats.