Thursday, April 21, 2011

when did they get so big....

Sam & Dad had a daddy/daughter date last night for Activity Days. It had a theme of GIJOE-
They wore camo- shot marshmallow guns at each other and ran an obstacle course. 
The best was some one on one time together.  That comes few and far between at our house. We treasure when we can give it or get it.

Do you see this little Jack-o-Lantern with short hair- We took Syd to get a hair cut and she decided to go short with some swoopie bangs- and in the last week lost two teeth.  One top front tooth and a bottom itty bitty one. We were eating corn on the cob last sunday and sure enough her barely loose top tooth was jostled with all that corn eating.   The tooth fairy has been busy at our house.  (mostly forgetting and getting lots of reminders)



I had to take a picture of them together so I could share this most treasured story I heard this week from my very own Sydney's mouth.  I was taking her to a friend's house and on the drive over she said
"so and so (not disclosing names to keep them safe) said she doesn't like her sister sometimes because she is so bossy" . 
I quickly asked her if she agreed and said the same thing about her sister. 
And she said "No, I like Sammy- I like having a sister, I would be so scared to sleep in my room by myself and do other stuff alone."  
I nearly started crying on the spot.  I want my kids to like each other so bad.  And I hear all the time
"sammy did this", well "sydney did this" that sometimes I forget that they do really like each other.  Such a nice reminder that they do treasure each other....even if it's to have someone to chase away the boogie man at night with. I love those two little girls so much my heart bursts.  I worry every day I am gonna screw them up.  Maybe the worrying keeps me on my toes enough that I will do okay.
 I hope so. 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great story. I'm so glad I'm not the only one that worries I'm screwing up my kids!