A- Aunt Jennifer's- We went to visit my sister the second week of August which is one of my/our (the kids and I) favorite things to do. On the second day were there my really tough brother-in-law crushed his pelvis in a four wheeling accidnet and things got crazy fast. I was so gald to be there so I could help with whatever. Always Always Always my amazing sister is doing everything for me so once I got to help a little in return. Happy to report now 8 weeks later my bro-in-law is healing, walking without crutches and back to work (and has been for awhile) We love you Uncle Bret.
B- Blue Angels. They came to town to do a show. We found a vacant field not too far from the ariport and watched the show. It was great.
C- Chukar's Game- We attempted a chukar's game with all five kids. As you can tell from the pictures there was a lot of game watching....we almost made it 15 mins into the game before they asked for cotton candy. But it was a beautiful night to watch a game.
D- Drive-In Movie- We went to Toy Story 3 on the second night it opened. It was so exciting and a little exhausting. We had to go almost 1 1/2-2 hours early to get a spot and then wait for it to start but most of us think it was worth it. (dad might think twice next time)
E- Every-day Chores- We started a chore chart this summer and had daily chores that had to be done before play.
F- Fire Pit- what could be better then roasting marshmallows in your own backyard...maybe a tent to sleep in?
G- Garden- we planted a garden- with new things snow peas, strawberries and corn. It didn't turn out great because 1) I hate to weed and when you are gone for weeks at a time you come back to the amazon growing. So next year we will attempt again and maybe I will be better at weeding or maybe my kids will weed. :)
H- Homemade Raspberry Peach Jam- made a fresh batch from fresh picked raspberries at our Aunt Cheryl's house. Picking raspberries took me back to my childhood summers. The taste of them are a comfort.
H- Homemade Raspberry Peach Jam- made a fresh batch from fresh picked raspberries at our Aunt Cheryl's house. Picking raspberries took me back to my childhood summers. The taste of them are a comfort.
I- Island Park- this year both of our families had reunions in IP and it was so much fun. Lots of cousin time.
J- July- Sammy did summer school all July to keep her up to speed on her reading and math. She did not love it but she went without complaints.
K-Kids- Somedays I look at my life and think what did you do today? And then I look at my kids and think that is what you did.
L- Lazy days- The days are gone of sleeping in and staying up late. School has started with a routine.
"L" is also for Lessons- the girls started Piano.
M- Mustache- Todd had a Goatee all summer and then attempted a mustache for about 30 seconds..... not that I get a lot of say but I said NO.
O- One Zack turned one. And got a hold of the girls nail polish. Check out his leg and his cheek.
P- Potty Training. This was a big one this summer and we finally made it to the point where we are wearing big boys all the time but I cannot say that the pee makes it in the toilet everytime...and really this is his favorite place to go. And really mom is okay with it because pee is better outside then inside.
R- Roarin Youth Jam- Idaho Falls has this every year around the greenbelt. A free event where there are booths set up and kids can come and do different arts & crafts. My kids LOVE it especially Sammy. That is her thing.
T- T-ball the girls played ball all June and really liked it.
Q- Questions? I cannot believe how many questions I get asked a day. Every single one of them asks me questions all day long. And Cooper's favorites are Why? and Where are we going?
R- Roarin Youth Jam- Idaho Falls has this every year around the greenbelt. A free event where there are booths set up and kids can come and do different arts & crafts. My kids LOVE it especially Sammy. That is her thing.
S- Swimming. We did lots of this- between swimming lessons and our little backyard pool our kids became fish. In fact during Cooper's mom & me class he would swim to the bottowm of the 4-5 ft. area and pick up a diver and bring it to the top. He was amazing.
(had a picture of tyson but just deleted it and cannot/will not start all over again to add the picture)
T- T-ball the girls played ball all June and really liked it.
U- Udders for Reed's Dairy Days- we got to ride a pony, run an obstacle course, eat ice cream and have Fun.
V- Vices- still drinking the DP, staying up too late and wishing I was a morning person.
W- Weddings- this summer we went to almost 7 different weddings- we had one or two almost every weekend in August.
X- X-tra Sad. Our computer has had problems this summer; it has crashed 2 x's and we have lost 3 months of pictures. (and the reason for my lack of blogging)
Y- Yipee for another summer that mom survived and had a little fun too.

4 comments:
So glad that you vetoed the mustache.
You guys sure had a fun and busy summer! You are such a great mom and are making such great memories for your kids!
What a cute way to summarize the summer...you are so creative.
Great summer post!! I love the potty training one. Yes pee would be better outside, lol. We are still working on this one. I thought he would get it by now but we have our good and bad days (been training since school started).
Post a Comment