Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


Mother's Day is such a bitter/sweet day for me. Such a sweet day to have my 5 little children & Husband honor and appreciate me. I LOVE all the little cards and homemade things they bring home for me. Each child was so excited for me to open their present both Tyson and Sammy made me open them on Friday when they brought them home and my dear Sydney waited with much anticipation for me to open it today. As silly as it sounds everytime I open up the cards with their little hands painted on them it brings tears to my eyes.

It is such a sweet day for me to celebrate the other great Mother's in my life. My wonderful Mother-in-law that loves me and appreciates my qualities. And for the great mother she was in rearing such a wonderful son. To Karleen for being the person she is to love my dad and make him a whole person and for all the "extra" things she has taught me and experienced with me that I KNOW I would not have learned if she weren't in my life. To my dear friend Cheryl that has unconditionally loved me for years and never asked for anything in return.


And the bitter part of the day is that my mom isn't here to appreciate. You always want what you can't have. And although I wouldn't change things it doesn't change the fact that sometimes I miss her so much I can't breath and it has almost been 17 years. I share simply to tell you to hug a little deeper and appreciate a little more because your Mom's deserve it.

Just like all my "mother's" in my life do.

Happy Mother's Day!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Elysha said...

Darn you Jill...you made me cry. We love you. You are such a wonderful mother. Happy Mother's Day!

Unknown said...

YOU deserve MOTHER OF THE YEAR for everything you do...raising 5 kids, a dog and yet you still have time to blog and laugh at the silly stuff! I love how you write about the good, bad and the ugly! You're inspiring and seriously, I don't know how you keep up with it all!!! I didn't know that you had lost your Mom. I'm so sorry! Mom's are so special. Happy Mother's Day. Hopefully, you got breakfast in bed or something like that!

Hilary said...

aww... big hugs to you. I'm so sorry about your Mom. I feel the same way when Father's Day rolls around. I know your mom is so proud of you. You're amazing and I'm so lucky you're my friend.

raising4boys said...

How cute! I too treasure the cards and I know one day I will miss them. You are a wonderful mom. Happy late Mother's day!!