We have started this tradition to decorate a few things in the house for each birthday. So they wake up in the morning to streamers, balloons and/or Happy Birthday banner wishing them a great day. The kids love it and my girls are remembering if you don't do it.
This is going to be Syd's Birth"week" she is having a week long celebration. This last weekend we went to the cabin and had a family party and celebrated with three other cousins (more pictures to come)! Today on her birthday she took treats to Preschool and as a family we went out to dinner to Red Robin (yum yum) She loved that they sang to her! She acted a little shy (you can't see the balloons but they are tied to her ears) and Friday she is having a little B-day Party with some friends. Talk about spoiled.
All day long she has asked " when can I open my presents"!
I know we post a lot of him crying but it is too funny not too. This is Tyson crying that the presents are not his. Lucky his birthday is next. It has been extra hard to see both Cooper and Sydney open presents and he gets
nothing.
The transition from 1 kids to 2 kids was the hardest for me. Which seems so strange because I have heard over and over again that 2 to 3 is the hardest. Every transition has there ups and downs but emotionally I really struggled going from the 1 to 2.- There were lots of factors that contributed to that but one of my main concerns was Sammy - I was so worried about loving another little one as much as I loved my Sammy. So then I worried about Sammy and how she would do with this new one and then I worried about this new little girl getting neglected- Needless to say I was really nervous. The girls were only 17 months apart and so I had a really hard time imagining having another baby when I felt like I had still had a baby I was raising.... needless to say all of these worries have long since past....look at me now - maybe now I am just numb to feeling :)
I had the option to be induced a week early and I worried about is I should induce, if it would be harder labor, if she would be ready- but yet if I induced labor I could pick the time and have Sammy taken care of and be sure to make to the hospital for an epidural. So after much deliberation I decided to be induced. We went to the hospital at 7:15AM- (I had been dilated to a 3 for a few weeks) they hooked me up to my pitocin and I got my epidural and by 12:15 pm I pushed three times and out came little Sydney. My labor was awesome (still the best one) She was ready to come into this world. And when she was with me all my worries disappeared....well most them. Of course I still had sleep deprivation and there were lots of things but my biggest worry of loving this little one as much as Sammy or worrying I would neglect Sammy all went away. My heart grew and suddenly it was big enough for two little ones. Which in all honesty I really think that is how you survive - you heart stretches and covers lots of ground and although I know it has done that with every one of my new babies. I really felt it with Sydney. She was meant to come into our lives at that moment for a reason. I was amazed how easily it came to just love two instead of one.
The other amazing thing is how different in personality my two girls are- not only do they physically look different they both each have their own unique personality.
Sydney is:
- Very Social, loves friends and always wants to know what is going on
- Smart- she wants to learn and has the desire- and it come easy to her
- She has sparkly eyes- and a great smile, she loves to laugh & giggle
- She loves to dance, sing & dress-up - (in our living room mind you)
- She is particular about what she wears- she often has to choose or I have to bribe her to wear something
- My bravest- she has always gone to new things without hesitation
- Quick to anger but quick to forgive- she gets mad fast but the next minute is done with it
- Is very excited about Kindergarten & can't wait to Ride the Bus!
We love her and are so glad she is in our family!

4 comments:
Happy Birthday Sydney!! We hope she had a great day.
She is adorable. How do you survive Red Robin, or any restaurant for that matter, with your whole fam? We gave up dining out as a family a long time ago :)
I love that picture at the top! That is totally Sydney. What a cutie. Just curious, why did you switch your blog to stretch whatever?
This is belated, but I just want you to know how much I adore her. She is so happy and cute and fun.
Post a Comment