Friday, July 22, 2011

Virgina Pics...here they come!


We went to Virginia for 12 days at the beginning of June to visit G & G Sleight.  We had a great time.  I was really nervous about being out of our element & imposing upon others for so long - Grandma & Grandpa were awesome as well as Uncle Craig & Aunt Adri.  Thanks for putting up with us for so long.  We did some day trips and one overnight-er to the beach in Ocean City, MD. And so here it begins with our trip........

Arlington Cemetery

Tyson got pulled completely under by a wave

Sunday night just to check out the beach-- Look how many are wet!
He is not loving the Sand in his shoes.....and he wanted nothing to do with the water to wash the sand off his shoes.

All ready to go in the scuba gear and Purple Life Vest!


We caught a sand crab---Sammy loved it.

Digging for the crab!


I did not tell them to do this...they did it completely on their own

Just helping himself to a BAG of chips.  He sealed the deal that those were his....you should have tasted the lovely sand in them after.




The day was perfect for the beach- we couldn't have asked for better weather.  And we had a blast.  We spent the day just playing in the sand, digging for crabs, crashing waves- we even got to see a school of dolphins- It was a great day! ALL the kids loved it.  Well except Zack and the water.  He loved the sand and playing on the beach but wanted nothing to do with the water.  And Dad showed us how to do some boogie boarding.

P.S. my poor Syd I sunburned her really bad.  I applied and reapplied sunscreen but in and out of the water did not help her one bit.  She had a few sore days after but was a trooper.



Another afternoon we took the kids to the Air & Space Museum - It was cool. But I really thought the kids would like it more.  It was really crowded with end of year field trips so all the commotion and craziness was hard to digest. After we were done- The kids said "do we have to go to anymore museums"? Todd and I looked at each other and said "nope lets go home"! It was fairly stressful to keep track of all five and teach them something too.  So if they didn't want to go to anymore neither did we. :)   


Catching Lightning bugs has got to be one of the best things....it is so magical.  I could have watched my kids for hours (except for the darn mosquitoes) All of them loved it but Cooper was enthralled.  I loved to watch his little eyes searching for them. 




2 comments:

theSwensenFamily said...

I loved your BEACH pictures! SOOOO fun! That did look like the perfect day! You are so brave to travel with 5 kids across the country. It's so much work but when you are in the moment, you just do it! The memories are priceless! Your family is getting so big! They all look like they have quite the personalities! I'm sure your days are filled with chaos and fun. I laughed out loud reading your M&M post! Sersiously, my Diet Dr. Pepper is sometimes the ONLY thing that gets me through my day! :-) Oh, yes...and chocolate! You're a great mom! Fun to catch up with you!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys were able to go to the beach while you were out there. The kids look so cute. I love Tyson in the purple life vest and scuba gear. Hilarious!