Sunday, August 1, 2010

I deal with too much poop!

Literally! As I said that today at the almost end of what seemed like a very long day I thought how could I blog about this and have it be funny instead of the reality that really I have dealt with too much poop.

Really having five kids you would think I would have already known what I was in store for. There really should be a disclaimer on a baby book : "kids are so fun but they poop a a lot and you have to clean it up. Don't be fooled it won't be just changing diapers it is wiping bums, poop in weird places- smeared on the toilets, in the bathtub and even outside the bathroom." And add BOYS to that disclaimer and WHALA...hence my post I deal with too much poop. The other day Syd came running in horrified because Cooper had pooped on the front sidewalk. After I had to pick up each piece with the DOG pooper scooper I had to hose down the front driveway after which of course Syd had to announce to the whole neighborhood that Cooper pooped on the front driveway.

We have a one poopy diaper quota at our house where in general we live by...or at least my girls did when they were babies. So we pass more then one poopy diaper and this is where things start to get ugly. Coop and Zack had two each today.....Todd even changed two but I am sure mine were worse :)! The biggest issue was I got to change Cooper after he had been in it for a bit...you know he did a little swinging on the swings...some seat drops on the tramp..and then decided he wanted a change. It was like wiping tar from a hot road sitting out in the sun. Enjoyable and no sooner had I changed the bum when Tyson came and asked me to look and see if he "accidentally" pooped in his pants. WHAT! So then we of course have to proceed to the bathroom in "the keep my legs apart so the poop doesn't touch my legs" walk while I have to wipe another bum and wash another pair of underwear.

Now it is generally noted that I am in a stage of life that has more poop then normal but still really I am getting tired of it. Everyday I try to live in the now because I hear all too often don't wish it away.... these days will go too fast but right now after three hours of church (seriously heavenly father I don't go any one place for three hours with these children) and lots of "mommies" I am tired.

BUT (I am reminding myself)

I wouldn't change it for when Tyson said "mom you are awesome!"
or
when Cooper grabs my face and kisses one cheek then the other one, then my forhead and then plants a big old kiss on my lips. That his version of I love you
or
When Zack laughs his infectious giggle
or
when Sam climbs into bed with me in the morning for an extra snuggle
or
when Syd shows me her sparkly eyes because she is happy with life.

That is what makes all the poop worth it....lucky because otherwise nobody would have kids!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Jillian you are so funny, I think I'm going to put that disclaimer on all my kids baby books.

Taylor's said...

You crack me up! I love it!

Valerie said...

Jill, I SO know what you are talking about! Hopefully they all got it out of their systems (literally) today, and tomorrow will be poop free!

chestin said...

This reminds me of the time I was there visiting you guys, Jennifer was driving a couple of us somewhere and it was Nathan and I and maybe someone else in the back seat.

We knew Nathan had a poopy diaper (shows you how long ago it happened!) because the stench was absolutely nauseating . In spite of the mess in his pants, he kept jumping up and then plopping down on his butt, squishing the poop who knows where in his diaper!

In spite of how gross and disgusting it was, I'll never forget how hard we were laughing knowing what was going on inside the diaper.

I'm sure your Mom had a 'hot tar' experience with that one!