Tuesday, April 8, 2014

holy crap... I have some serious catch-up


Is it really possible for me to catch up from where I left off? 
I am gonna try.  I feel like I have lost a year of my life.  Because I swore I would always remember....But I just don't.  A little before Zack's 4th birthday he "sprained" his arm.  The only thing we know is he was on the tramp. Truth be told Todd and I went to visit a neighbor and left the kids playing on tramp so we don't really know what happened.  Originally the story was that he landed on his arm funny on the tramp- then things slowly trickled in - a little picnic table was on the tramp that he landed on - Why a picnic table on the tramp? 
We couldn't see any physical break - we really thought it was the nurse maid elbow (been to the doctor three other times with kids for that) so we iced it waited it out and maybe Youtubed how to pop a nurse maid elbow back in to place- He cried and whimpered all night.  So much that I thought for sure he broke it.  About 2:30 am I finally got him in the car and took him to the ER because he cried sooo much.  After mulitiple xrays (because of course one never does it) and a doctor trying the nurse maid elbow trick- they wrapped him up and referred me to an orthopedic the next day.  It never got better like the other nurse maid elbows did...he cried about the pain and it was swollen--but the xray never showed a break.  So we splinted him for a week - after a week of wearing it and another xray showing no scar tissue healing a break we took the splint off.  It still took two-three days for him to use it - 
We think he has a low tolerance for pain... so with the fall and our manipulating the elbow & the ER doctor manipulating the elbow it caused some swelling and irritation.  
So we had a kindof broken arm.  Is that a thing?
Needless to say he had a splint on for his 4th birthday!

This really is the best picture for him.  He is really funny!  Loves to laugh and make people laugh.  

His laugh is super contagious!


And then we skip to the 4th of July..........We did the parade in Menan again this year. Small and perfect and they throw tons of candy- It was HOT!





 One of these times I will have to do a collage of our 4th of July Family picture while waiting for the fireworks! It is one thing we do every year!


Our neighborhood Fireworks in the Cul-de-sac. I think one of my kids favorites things




No comments: